MOJAVE DESERT RESOURCE CONSERVATION DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
February 6, 2019
The Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Mojave Desert Resource Conservation District has been scheduled for February 6, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. at the Victorville Field Office.
Call to order, pledge of allegiance
1. Self-Introduction of Guests: No Invited Guests.
2. Public Discussion/Invited Guests(s): No Invited Guests.
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Consent Calendar:
a. Approval of Minutes: January, 2019
b. Approval of Financial Report: January, 2019
1. Review of Bank Statements: January, 2019
c. Approval of Bills: February, 2019
5. District Conservationist’s Monthly Report: Holly Shiralipour
6. District Manager’s Report: Dana Raponi
7. Releaf Project: Cheryl Nagy
8. Irrigation Water Management/Los Flores Ranch: Tony Walters
9. Mojave Weed Management Area:
10. Old Business:
a. RC&D Program Update:
b. Conservation Easements/Mitigation:
1. Recurrent Energy (Victor-Phelan) 3. Sun Power
2. Oro Grande Wash (MWA) 4. Barstow Sanitary Landfill
c. Mojave Water Agency FY 2017-2018 Weed Removal Program:
d. Sand Blow/Fugitive Dust:
e. Dairy Issues – District Lead in Dairy Co-Op:
f. Update on Camp Cady:
g. Raven Issues: Propane Cannons/County Ordinance
h. Grant Funding Opportunities:
i. Tamarisk Alliance – Bio Control:
j. Regulations for Standards for Different Levels’ of Mulch/Compost:
k. Federal review of DRECP – RCD Involvement:
l. Comments on the WMRNP Plan Amendment:
m. Rampdown in Baja to 35% - Possible RCD Assistance with Relation to the Old Baja Plan:
n. Mojave Riverbed Fire Hazard Debris Clearing:
o. Attempt to Exempt Well/Pump Rigs via Legislation:
p. Mojave Narrows Fire Protection & Restoration Plan- Meeting Feb 5, 2019:
11. New Business:
a. Review and Possible Rescission of Project # 6 of the Mojave Water Agency Workplan – RCD’s Role as Funding Passthrough for Research to Acquire BAP Water Rights in BAJA:
b. RCD Letter to S.B. County and State Lands Commission RE: Solar Project Resource Issues Drafted By Pat Flanagan/Neville Slade/Ken Lair/Chuck Bell.
c. RCD Investment Policy:
d. RCD/NRCS Workgroup Meeting:
e. Assistance to MDLT for Weed Removal/Restoration at its Palisades Ranch:
f. NRCS Assistance in Compiling Information on Soils/Vegetation/Restoration/Etc. for Input to County RE: Industrial Solar Projects in Lucerne Valley and Daggett.
g. 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program RE: Contract IWM for Korean Farmers.
13. Correspondence (Discussion items only)
14. Directors Reports and Comments
15. Closed Session (Litigation and Personnel):